Monday, February 25, 2008

Citarella

Although I did not photograph this gourmet grocery, it is worth mentioning this small chain of upscale grocery stores. Locations are in The Village, West Side, East Side, Harlem, and the Hamptons.

Walking into their Upper West Side store on Broadway, immediately after my visit to Zabar's, I started finding some of the same selection of products. The bargain hunter in me started price comparing. I made a purchase of fruit vinegars I had been eying at Zabar's that Citarella had priced for $1 less.

First impressions are best and this was a great fish market, and butcher shop, stocking prime grade meats. Everything was displayed on ice and the store was immaculate. Though not particularly large or packed to the rafters, the imported condiment selection was made up of quality products, and the presentation of all their products was very appealing.

Check their website for addresses and opening hours:
http://www.citarella.com/

No comments: